To the Editor:
While many retirees are moving out of state, I decided to retire right here in New Jersey. I recently moved from Hunterdon to Ocean County.
One of the reasons I love New Jersey is because of its inherent natural beauty, and the dedication of its citizens to responsible environmental stewardship. Ocean County is especially beautiful because of its beaches, marshes, wildlife (notably the migrating birds along the great Atlantic Flyway), public parks and open spaces and the Pine Barrens.
I am especially impressed by the record of U.S. Congressman Frank LoBiondo, who represents the people of the 2nd District, where I now live.
Congressman LoBiondo has been a consistent supporter of the environment over his past 22 years in office. For example, he voted for the following:
• providing tax credits for renewable electricity (HR-7060),
• imposing limits on carbon dioxide global warming production by electric utilities (HR-2454, HR-2042),
• providing tax incentives for energy conservation (HR-6049)
• providing tax incentives for renewable energy (HR-5351)
• implementation of key provisions in the Koyoto Protocol climate change treaty (HR-4690)
• a resolution clearly stating that humans have a role in causing climate change (2015).
These votes have not always been popular or easy, and nobody’s voting record is perfect. But Rep. LoBiondo is to be commended for his consistent and science-based voting record that helps protect and preserve our fragile environment for the benefit of current and future generations. We are very fortunate to have such a dedicated, thoughtful representative. I am glad I moved down here.
Little Egg Harbor