Gain Valuable Knowledge of Commercial LeasesOffered By Southern Ocean Chamber ‘Open for Business’
Learn pertinent lessons on commercial leases in the next “Open for Business” program held by the Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce.
Participants can choose to attend either March 2 or March 9 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the chamber building, 265 West Ninth St., Ship Bottom.
The four-hour class is part of a series presented with the Ocean County College Continuing and Professional Education Business Engagement Program.
“The success or failure of any business could be linked to basic terms of the lease you sign,” recognizes the chamber.
“Commercial leases differ significantly from residential leases. New/existing business owners and landlords will learn from the legal firm Carluccio, Leone, Dimon, Doyle & Sacks, LLC what they need to understand.”
Using an actual commercial lease as a teaching aid, topics to be covered begin with “How Commercial Leases Differ from Residential Leases” and “What Is a Commercial Lease?”
Information also includes:
• making sure parties and property are clearly identified;
• making sure that landlord and tenant responsibilities are clearly identified;
• understanding cost responsibility: who pays for maintenance, insurance, taxes, renovation costs, utilities, landscape and/or snow removal;
• terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act;
• subleasing – why it may be important;
• procedures for dispute resolution and conditions for lease termination.
To register, call 609-494-7211 or stop by the chamber office Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. —M.S.