Letters

Brave Rescuers

Sep 12, 2018

To the Editor:

“Mom, the dryer is on fire!” Those are words no one wants to hear, but we heard my daughter say them, followed by “Call the fire department!”

On Tuesday, Aug. 28, while we were home, our gas dryer caught on fire. Immediately after calling 911, the Long Beach Township police arrived, fire extinguisher in hand. Ship Bottom and Surf City fire companies arrived soon after. The Beach Haven First Aid Squad and New Jersey Natural Gas Co. quickly followed. More township police closed the streets around us.

Fortunately, no injuries occurred for people or pets.

We are so grateful for the professional, swift and compassionate care we received from everyone. It could have been so much worse.

But, lesson learned: Always clean your lint trap (we were diligent about that) and have your duct work cleaned, too.

Thank you to the brave men and women who came to our rescue on that hot, steamy day.

Janie, Jeff and Lora Davis

Brant Beach

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.