Woman Dies in House Fire in New Gretna

Mar 21, 2018

A 38-year-old woman lost her life in a house fire on Saturday, March 10 in New Gretna. Homeowner Kristina Amon was upstairs asleep when a fire, thought to have started on the back deck, possibly from a cigarette, ignited the blaze. Multiple agencies responded to the fire on West Greenbush Road a little after midnight.

“Early Saturday morning we were dispatched for a house fire along with our automatic aid companies,” stated the New Gretna Volunteer Fire Co. “The chief arrived on location to find a large two-story home fully involved. Companies were placed into service and additional mutual aid companies were called to assist. This incident turned into a long night and couldn’t have been done without the help of numerous other agencies.”

The New Gretna company thanked the following local units for their assistance: West Tuckerton Fire Co., Great Bay EMS, Tuckerton Fire Co., Mystic Island Fire Co., Parkertown Fire Co., Stafford Township EMS and Barnegat First Aid Squad. Other rescue units in surrounding areas also pitched in.

 

 

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.